- We have been overcharged for 30 years by Republic Services / Allied Waste, while dumping at Newby Island landfill in our own backyard. Among Newby’s customers that truck their waste from all over California, we pay significantly more than those much farther away.
- The City of Milpitas has secured the best deal for disposal, better than Newby Island, which will save the city $350,000 – 650,000 per year (depending on who will be selected as the collector), and sending trash to South San Jose, away from our city, and against traffic.
- Newby / Republic Services / Allied Waste is not happy. They fooled people to sign a referendum petition that put Measure L on the ballot.
- Now they want to fool us again. They put down $200,000 in a PAC (Political Action Committee). They distribute flyers and advertisements to spread false claim, with no facts to back them up. Their flyers and website are filled with lies. Be aware that they mix up the disposal contract with the collection contract, which is not part of Measure L. Also beware of “Milpitas Residents for Fair Garbage No on L”, which is funded by a Stockton construction company, not Milpitas residents.
- We are a group of citizen volunteers, 100% funded by citizens. We have done research and share facts with fellow residents.
- Vote YES on L to approve the Waste Management contract and lock in the lowest disposal rate. Preliminary rates published on 9/20/16 by City Council agenda showed we can achieve a potential rate reduction of as much as -26% for our final garbage bill.
Republic Services / Allied Waste has cheated us for too long. Vote YES on L to lose these scumbags!
Visit www.YESonL.vote for more facts.
Help us get all Milpitas voters to know about these facts. Please forward this message to your friends and neighbors. Kindly consider to volunteer time or donate on our website. Thank you for your support!
Milpitas Citizens for Yes on L, FPPC# 1390888